Wednesday, March 12, 2008

No Problem vs My Pleasure

I've noticed a trend. Whenever, someone does something nice for me and I say thank you, the response is "No problem."

I'm wondering what happened to the older phrases, "You're welcome" or "my pleasure." I've realized that when I say "No Problem" to someone, it is actually implying...ya know, I was doing something else but since this wasn't a big deal, I did it for ya.

I've decided that I'm repenting of my "no problem" answer, and going to phrases the convey something more positive. If I help someone, it is my pleasure to do it, because I have been given the gifts and skills to do that task.

I can't picture Jesus saying "no problem" as he hung on the cross. But I can hear him say "You're welcome" whenever I'm on my knees saying Thank you God for forgiving my sins.

No comments: