Saturday, March 29, 2008

What Easter Means to Me

A few years back, tragedy struck the communities I served as pastor. A vibrant, dynamic 14 yr old boy was killed in an ATV vs. pick-up truck accident. I struggled how to make the connection for the youth on how our faith had a message of hope in the dark times. I sort of mumbled to one teen, Jesus kicked Death's butt. He grinned and the idea of capturing that visually has stuck with me. At first, I tried talking a skilled banner maker into creating one for me. Lorna always politely declined the idea and went with far superior Easter banners.

Even still, I never gave up on the idea. During Holy Week, I reconnected with my friend, Dr Draw, and Bill took the idea and ran with it for me. Enjoy this short cartoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really liked that one. Great idea!!!