Sunday, May 25, 2008

Don't Worry...Seek the Kingdom

In Matthew 6:24-34, Jesus reminds us "Don't worry, it doesn't add to living." Our savior goes on to remind us that God will take care of us, because God cares for the birds and flowers. It's tough not to worry, but through the Holy Spirit's infusion of faith we seek out God's kingdom and share the good news.

In the mid to late 1990s, "Touched by an Angel" did an episode with Wynonna Judd titled "Psalm 151". The story line is about a single mom whose son is dying of CF and her struggle to finish a hymn of praise she began on the day he was born. The completed song has a refrain I find inspiring and remind me of my call: "For as long as I shall live I will testify THE LOVE, and be a witness in the silence when words are not enough. With every step I take, I will give thanks to God above, for as long as I shall live, I will testify to love."

Below are some clips of the show I found on Youtube with some key elements of the show. It's a powerful witness that God provides in times of need.

Finishing the Song


The song is performed

No comments: