Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord

I was surprised, I was expecting a "camp" not a remodeled sewing factory. Yet, it already feels like home. The exterior has been painted in murals by local artists, the interior adorned with signed t-shirts by the groups hanging from the rafters and the walls decorated with paintings, scripture and signatures.






My heart has been opened to the need: 60+ families still need help with food every week. Only 20% of the homes have been restored/rebuilt in south Mississippi. The statistics are mind numbing. Jesus invited the disciples to come and see. That invitation fits coming to Mississippi; there are three church camps that house and feed volunteers. Come and work in a wide variety of jobs, come and encounter the Lamb of God.

Tomorrow at 0800 I'll get dirty. I've been added to a church group from South Carolina to go to a housing development in Biloxi, MS to help paint, run electrical wire, and hang sheet rock.

No comments: